Groosh (http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groosh) provides shell-like capability for handling external processes for Groovy.
Version 0.3.0 comes with several bug fixes and new features like:
- The error stream of a process is now usable the same way as the output stream (useError()).
- A grep method was added which can be used to filter the lines returned by a process.
- A to List method was added which creates a list out of the lines returned by a process.
- A eachLine method was added which iterates over the lines returned by a process.
- The exit values of a process are now accessible. (Thx to Bill Burdick)
- left shift and right shift operators are overloaded for processes and stream sinks.
- the pipe operator was overloaded to allow chaining of processes
For more information on Groosh and examples of its use see:
Groosh 0.3.0 can be downloaded from
OpenSUSE RPM packages are available from